December is a beautiful month to visit Israel. Though it often rains in Israel in December, there’s still plenty to do! Plus, there’s just something romantic about the early sunsets and dark, chilly nights. Like most countries in the world, the biggest event of December for visitors is Christmas in the Holy Land. But that’s not all that’s on this winter. These are our recommendations for the best things to do in Israel in December 2023.
Our top pick for what to do in December in Israel
Celebrate Christmas in Bethlehem
This December 24th, you have the unmissable opportunity to journey to the old town of Bethlehem and celebrate Christmas in Jesus Christ’s birthplace. This festive tour starts off in Jerusalem’s Old City, which is transformed into a winter wonderland for the holiday; then you’ll go to Bethlehem where you’ll eat a traditional Christmas dinner, before the main event of Midnight Mass in Manger Square.
WHAT’S ON IN ISRAEL THIS MONTH?
Israel becomes a multi-cultural festive haven in December. Hanukkah in 2023 runs from the 7th – 15th December, just a week before Christmas!
- December 7-15: Hanukkah
- December 24: Christmas Eve
- December 25: Christmas
- December 31: New Year’s Eve
Check back later to see 2023’s December events. In the mean time, check out what we did in December last year in Israel.
EVENTS IN ISRAEL IN DECEMBER 2022
- December 8-26: Holiday of Holidays, Haifa
- December: Christmas Market, Nazareth
- December 17-22: Jewish Film Festival, Jerusalem
- December 24: Christmas Eve Tour, Jerusalem and Bethlehem. Go back to where it all began with a one-day or two-day Christmas Eve tour to Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
- December 25: Christmas Day Tour, in and around Jerusalem. Visit some of the holiest off-the-beaten-track Christian landmarks in the country.
- December 20, 22, and 25: Hanukkah evening walking tour, Jerusalem. An unmissable way to celebrate the festival of light with locals, as well as enjoying the Jerusalem Christmas spirit.
- Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, & Saturday: Jerusalem and Bethlehem tour
- Every Sunday, Wednesday, & Friday: Tel Aviv food tour – where you can enjoy more Sufganiyot!
- Every day: Masada, Ein Gedi and Dead Sea tours
Event Booking Details
Event Date: 01/12/2022