When in the Holy Land, visiting Petra from Israel is an absolute must! After all, if you’re in the region, what better time to discover this ancient wonder? The Lost City of Petra is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Meticulously carved into the rose-hued rock by the Nabateans, it will leave you breathless. Although it’s possible to venture on your own, tours are available with daily departures. And since many include the cost of entrance to the site, tours are both convenient and cost-effective! Our guide on how to visit Petra from Israel has everything you need to know to check this incredible site off your bucket list!
Best Way To Visit Petra from Israel – Join a Tour!
Single and multi-day tours to Petra are available daily from Eilat, Tel Aviv, and Jerusalem!
Tours to Petra From Eilat
Eilat is an excellent place to join a tour to Petra. Most importantly, the transfer at the Arava Border Crossing is faster and cheaper than the rest! Meanwhile, the Allenby Crossing requires a pre-issued visa, so tours do not cross from there and it’s best avoided.
Check out the most popular options for tours from Eilat to Petra. All of these tours include the entrance fees to Petra!
- Petra day tour from Eilat $199 per person
- Our Petra day tour with overnight in Aqaba $245 per person
- Petra two day tour from Eilat $299 per person
- Our Petra and Wadi Rum two day tour from Eilat $339 per person
Tours to Petra from Jerusalem
If you want to visit Petra from Jerusalem, there are many options to choose from! For example, discover the highlights of Jordan via the northern Sheikh Hussein Crossing. Or head straight to Petra and Wadi Rum via the Eilat Border Crossing. All of these tours include the entrance fees to Petra!
- Our Petra One day tour from Jerusalem $299 per person
- Petra and Wadi Rum 2 day tour from Jerusalem from $399 per person
- Our Petra, Madaba, Mount Nebo, Jerash 2 day tour from Jerusalem $419 per person
- Petra, Wadi Rum, Madaba, Mount Nebo, Jerash, 3-day tour from Jerusalem $499 per person
- Our Petra, Wadi Rum, Amman & Highlights of Jordan – 4 Day Tour from Jerusalem $569 per person
Tours to Petra From Tel Aviv
Limited on time? Squeeze in this bucket list destination with a day tour from Tel Aviv to Petra! However, if possible, multi-day tours offer an in-depth experience of these incredible sites. All of the following tours include the entrance fees to Petra!
- Our Petra day tour from Tel Aviv $299 per person
- Petra and Wadi Rum 2 day tour from Tel Aviv from $399 per person
- Our Petra, Wadi Rum, Madaba, Mount Nebo, Jerash 3 day tour from Tel Aviv $499 per person
- Petra, Madaba, Mount Nebo, Jerash 2 day tour from Tel Aviv $419 per person
- Our Petra, Wadi Rum, Amman & Highlights of Jordan – 4 Day Tour from Tel Aviv $569 per person
Private Tours To Petra From Israel
Book a private tour for an unrivaled level of flexibility and customization! Moreover, families and larger groups will find that private options may be more economical as well. Additional information about private tours to Petra can be found here.
How to Visit Petra Independently
Venturing to Petra from Israel is possible by crossing one of the three borders. The border crossings in Eilat (Wadi Arava Crossing) and Beit Shean (Sheikh Hussein Crossing) issue visas on arrival. Some restricted nationalities are required to pre-arrange a visa, so be sure to check your requirements. All visas must be pre-arranged when crossing via Allenby Bridge between Jerusalem and Amman
Independent crossing can take time, and public transportation may be tricky. Therefore, taxis are the simplest way to get from the nearest town to the border. Fortunately, public transportation and taxis are cheaper In Jordan than in Israel!
Taxis from Amman to Petra cost around $75 – so you can transfer via taxi then hire a guide at Petra.
Consider that the entrance fee at Petra is approximately $130 for a one day visit to Jordan! Therefore, in addition to convenience, tours are an excellent value!