Historically, Nazareth is believed to be the hometown of Jesus Christ. Today, Nazareth is Israel’s largest Arab city. Combine these two factors and you begin to see why Christmas in Nazareth is such a special experience. While Nazareth, nestled in the tranquil hills of the Galilee, probably won’t have snow at Christmas, the city’s large Christian population nonetheless celebrates the holiday along with thousands of tourists who come to visit.
Have the Christmas of a lifetime this December: Visit Nazareth, Bethlehem, and Jerusalem over the festive period. Start on the 23rd of December and finish at Midnight in Bethlehem of the 25th. Reserve your spot for this once-in-a-lifetime tour now.
Nazareth comes to life during the holiday; its residents decorate their Christmas trees, roam around in their Santa hats, and throw street festivals, church services, and parties. On the eve of Christmas, there is a massive colorful procession throughout the town to celebrate.
Check back to this page later to see 2023’s special Christmas events.
Christmas in Nazareth 2022 events:
- December 6: Lighting the Christmas tree (date may change if weather is poor)
- December 11: Christmas market, Mary’s Well Square
- December 24: Christmas Parade, starting 15:00 from Mary’s Well down Paul VI Street
- December 24: Fireworks display, 17:30
- December 24: Midnight Mass in the Basilica of the Annunciation, 19:00
- Christmas Day: All Catholic churches have Mass. First Mass at the Church of the Annunciation takes place at 07:00. At 10:00, a festive Mass will take place.
See our article about Nazareth for more information on this interesting city, or our article about Christmas in Israel for general information. We also offer a wonderful private Highlights of Nazareth Walking Tour, one of the best ways to experience this historic city.
Event Booking Details
Event Date: 25/12/2021