On your next visit Israel, make sure not to miss the 10 Best Things to Do in Eilat. Whether you are visiting for a few days or a few weeks, Eilat in Southern Israel is a fantastic beach town to explore. There are plenty of activities in the city and even more options in the surrounding area. Eilat is also a great starting point for tours in Israel and Jordan. All of the options have been narrowed down to our “Top 10” list:
1) Swim with the Dolphins at Dolphin Reef: Along the Red Sea is a beach where visitors have the opportunity to see and observe bottle-nosed dolphins up-close. The reef is home to tropical fish and beautiful corral, but the real attraction is the dolphins.
2) Take a Tour of Petra: Visit one of the new wonders of the world. Eilat is the perfect starting point for a tour to breathtaking Petra in Jordan. There are day tours and two-day tours that leave daily.
3) Explore the Underwater Marine Observatory: With such a beautiful coral reef along the shores of Eilat, hundreds of people visit this park every year. Enjoy a view of the sea creatures, observe the turtles and stingrays, and check out the newest addition, the shark pool.
4) Dive in the Red Sea: Coral Beach is a popular place to dive in Eilat and is often named one of the best places to dive in the world. The reefs are protected by the National Parks Authority, so whether you like to dive or just glide along the surface and snorkel, Eilat is the perfect place to be.
5) Visit Timna Park: This is a beautiful park in the desert, just north of Eilat. It is home to the world’s first copper mine and with over 15,000 acres of land, there are plenty of trails to hike. The park is best visited with a tour or shuttle from Eilat.
6) Relax on the Eilat Beaches: Maybe you just want to relax and get a tan. Eilat has numerous beaches to choose from. Some beaches are connected to hotels and have a lifeguard, others are quieter and more remote.
7) Go Shopping: The city of Eilat is a tax-free zone. This makes it a popular place to go shopping. There are various shopping centers within the city, selling products from all over the world.
8) Hike in the Eilat Mountains: From inside the city, it is difficult to miss the towering mountains that surround Eilat. The Eilat Mountains Nature Reserve just outside the city is a great place to start your hike.
9) Take the Eilat Big 3 Parks Tour: Many people cannot believe that that the desert is so beautiful! The Eilat Parks Tour visits three of the most important natural sites in the region; Timna Park in the heart of the desert with the world’s oldest copper mines, the Eilat Bird Sanctuary, one of the world’s most important bird-watching sites, and the Coral Beach Nature Reserve where you can see Red Sea coral reefs up close without getting wet.
10) Try a New Watersport: It is easy to stay active in Eilat. Why not try something new? Some options are windsurfing, kitesurfing, water skiing, stand-up paddle boarding, and parasailing. There are a number of locations in Eilat that offer lessons and rentals.
That is our list of the 10 Best Things to Do in Eilat. For more ideas about what to do when you are visiting, check out our Eilat Travel Guide.