During September in Israel, the weather tends to cool down a bit from the summer heat. In coastal regions like Tel Aviv, temperatures can range from 77°F to 86°F (25°C-30°C), while Jerusalem’s daytime weather can be slightly higher. It’s a great time to see the holy city’s ancient sites especially since Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, is right around the corner. Read on to discover our top recommendations for the best things to do in Israel in September 2023.
While the summer season is coming to a close, September in Israel is still bursting with festivities, events, and great activities! We suggest taking our City of David Tour to gain insider access to one of Jerusalem’s hidden gems. With Rosh Hashanah coming up, now is a great opportunity to discover Jewish history and heritage like never before. Take a look at our Jerusalem tours, which depart daily and operate throughout the holidays, for an unforgettable experience.
Events in Israel in September 2023
- August 30-September 14 – We Will Rock You Musical in Tel Aviv
- September 5-7 – TLV Coffee Fest in Tel Aviv
- September 5-9 – International Chamber Music Festival in Jerusalem
- September 7 – Tel Aviv Wine Festival in Tel Aviv
- September 9-24 Selichot Prayers at the Western Wall, Jerusalem
- September 15-17 – Rosh Hashanah 2023
- September 24-25 – Yom Kippur 2023
- September 26 – October 5, 2023: International Storytelling Festival in Givatayim
- September 28 – October 7: Haifa International Film Festival in Haifa
- September 29 – October 6: Sukkot Festival
- September 30 – October 7: Paprika Festival in Spicy Way Farms