Loving Art Making Art in Tel Aviv is an annual event which demonstrates Tel Aviv’s love for art and creativity. This festival aims to kick off the new art exhibition season, and sees many of the city’s galleries, museums, artist studios and general exhibition spaces open their doors to the public for free. In addition, art comes to the city streets with all sorts of amazing displays lining iconic city locations. The 2015 Loving Art Making Art festival will take place in Tel Aviv on the weekend of May 29-30.
Loving Art Making Art Events 2015:
Events will take place on May 29 and 30, 2015 between 10am and 6pm. Among them are:
- Space Shuttle 3: 12 artists selected to create a new work for their studio space and exhibit it where in the very place it was created
- Metropolis 2: 60 classes and activities will take place in the Montefiore Neighborhood covering a range of diverse themes. Offered by artists from different disciplines.
- Artist’s Residence: art centers throughout the city will be open to the public and displaying specially created works for the weekend
- The Refrigerator: a one-off event featuring video, sound, performance and installation works in an industrial space that served as the cold produce storage in the Tel Aviv wholesale market.
- Eternal Temporariness, a special exhibition of installations and video works taking place at the Tmuna Theater, and the exhibition Workplace at the Helena Rubenstein Pavilion of the Tel Aviv Museum of Art will be open to the public
Full details of the 2015 Loving Art Making Art weekend can be found at the festival website