Purim in Jerusalem is a colorful and fun time to be in the ‘city of gold’ with events taking place across town to celebrate the Jewish holiday which is a favorite among the masses. A number of Purim events will take place around the city from carnivals to parties. There’s something for every age and every interest. Here are some of the highlights for Purim in Jerusalem in 2016.
Safra Square Purim Event
Purim in Jerusalem. Image Ron Almog
The official Jerusalem Purim event takes place at Safra Square. Designed for kids, it’ll feature activities and performances
March 25, from 11:00 to 15:00
Purim at Jerusalem’s Museums
Many of Jerusalem’s museums will hold special events for Purim
- At the Israel Museum an event for the whole family, including art workshops, story telling, dance performances and more! March 24-25, from 10:30
- Special Purim Race from the Museum of Italian Jewish Art to the Tower of David Museum, with different challenges waiting for the runners along the way. For all the family, ticket 25 ILS, March 24 at 14:00
- Purim Rave Party at The Tower of David, Jaffa Gate. Entry ticket 60 ILS, March 24 from 20:30
Purim Parties in Jerusalem
- Boogie – Party all night long at Boogie, in Bezalel 11, with live music, mic open session, costume contests and some of the best DJs in town. Entry ticket 40-50 NIS, date to be announced.
- Nachalot Street Party – Traditional parade in the most characteristic Jerusalem neighborhood. March 25 from 10:00
Also check out Purim in Tel Aviv, and events for Purim across Israel.