Purim in Jerusalem is a colorful and fun time to be in the ‘city of gold’ with events taking place across town to celebrate the Jewish holiday which is a favorite among the masses. A number of Purim events will take place around the city from carnivals to parties. There’s something for every age and every interest. Here are some of the highlights for Purim in Jerusalem in 2018.
Safra Square Purim Event
Purim in Jerusalem. Image Ron Almog
The official Jerusalem Purim event takes place at Safra Square. Designed for kids, it’ll feature activities and performances
March 2, from 11:00 to 15:00
Purim at Jerusalem’s Museums
Many of Jerusalem’s museums will hold special events for Purim
- At the Israel Museum an event for the whole family, including art workshops, story telling, dance performances and more! To be confirmed.
- Purim Rave Party at The Tower of David, Jaffa Gate. To be confirmed.
Purim Parties in Jerusalem
- Nachalot Street Party – Traditional parade in the most characteristic Jerusalem neighborhood. March 2 from 10:00
- Nocturno Live Party on February 28 from 21:00
- Purim Party at the YMCA, from 22:00 on March 1 until noon on March 2, with top DJs.
- Purim Party at Downtown Jerusalem building, on March 1. Shuttle available leaving from 22 Jaffa Road, at 23:00.
- Purim Party at the Shuka on March 1 from 22:00
- Hamiflezet Pub Part on March 1 at 21:00
Also check out Purim in Tel Aviv, and events for Purim across Israel.