Purim in Jerusalem is a colorful and fun time to be in the ‘city of gold’ with events taking place across town to celebrate the Jewish holiday which is a favorite among the masses. A number of Purim events will take place around the city from carnivals to parties. There’s something for every age and every interest. Here are some of the highlights for Purim in Jerusalem in 2019.
Safra Square Purim Event
Purim in Jerusalem. Image Ron Almog
The official Jerusalem Purim event takes place at Safra Square. Designed for kids, it’ll feature activities and performances.
Purim at Jerusalem’s Museums
Many of Jerusalem’s museums will hold special events for Purim
- At the Israel Museum an event for the whole family, including art workshops, story telling, dance performances and more! To be confirmed.
- Purim Rave Party at The Tower of David, Jaffa Gate. To be confirmed.
Purim Parties in Jerusalem
- Nachlaot Street Party – Traditional parade in the most characteristic Jerusalem neighborhood.
- CYP Jerusalem Presents: PurimFest 2019! At BeerBazaar,Jerusalem – Friday, March 22, 2019 at 11:30 AM – 2 PM
- PURIM PIZDEC PARTY – Balkan Rave Purim Party at Besarabia, Jerusalem – Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 9 PM – 6 AM
- Purim Post Bezalel at the Khan Theatre in Jerusalem – Mar 20 at 10 PM – Mar 21 at 11 AM
- Purim in the Israel Museum for all the Family – free entrance for children (ages 4+) – Thursday, 21 Mar, 10:30 – 14:00Friday, 22 Mar, 10:00 – 13:00
- Family Purim Activity at Neot Kedumim Park (in Hebrew) (ages 4+) – Thursday 21st March 2019 from 09:00-12:00 (40 nis)
- Purim Party at Machane Yehuda Shuk (late night)
More Purim Parties to be updated soon.
Also check out Purim in Tel Aviv, and events for Purim across Israel.