January in Israel is filled with exciting events and quiet winter experiences. A new year begins, and with it several cultural, sporting, and music events take place across the country. January is the coldest month of the year in Israel, so bring an umbrella and watch the country transform into a winter wonderland. Here are our top picks for the best things to do in Israel in January 2023.
Our Top Pick for What to Do in January in Israel
Escape the cold weather of the center and north of Israel and explore the hidden gems of Eilat and the Negev, where the sun always shines. Israel’s southern attractions are beautiful and little explored, and January is the perfect time to do something a little different on your next trip. Eilat is the city at the very south of Israel. Not only is full of incredible activities like diving in the Red Sea and visiting the spectacular Timna Park, it’s also your gateway to visiting Jordan and Egypt.
January 2023 Events in Israel
- January 14: The Met Live in HD, Jerusalem Cinematheque, Jerusalem
- January 23-26: Tel Aviv Power Africa Expo, Tel Aviv
- January 25-28: The annual Israman Triathlon, Eilat
- January 27: International Holocaust Remembrance Day
Visit Yad Vashem in January
- Every Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday: Jerusalem city tour
- Every Sunday, Wednesday, Friday: Tel Aviv food tour
- Every Saturday: Tel Aviv Saturday Tour
- Every day: Masada, Ein Gedi and Dead Sea tour
Event Booking Details
Event Date: 31/01/2023