New Year’s Eve, or as the Israelis call it “Sylvester,” has become extremely popular in Israel in recent years. More Israelis have been jumping on the NYE bandwagon, despite that it’s not an officially recognized holiday in Israel. But, any excuse to party is a good reason and Israelis are always down to celebrate life and have a good time. There are hundreds of New Year’s Eve parties happening across Israel, as well as a host of other special events. Whether you’re a house music enthusiast, a food connoisseur, or simply looking for a dance floor to break it down dressed in your best ’80s wear, you are sure to find what you’re looking for.
There is no shortage of NYE parties in Tel Aviv’s numerous nightclubs. If partying isn’t your thing, no fear; you can find special concerts and delectable food in some of Israel’s best restaurants.
Here are some ways you can welcome in the new year, some traditional, and others not so conventional. The year is yours; start it off on a good note and make it the best year yet.
Due to Covid-19 closures, cancellations and restrictions, New Years’ Eve is likely to look a bit different this year. Below are just some general suggestions of what one can do on New Years’ in Israel, but if you would like to attend specific events, please check directly with their organizers. No matter where or how you plan to celebrate, let’s all look forward to a new start in 2022!
How to Celebrate New Years Eve 2022 in Israel
- Have dinner at one of Tel Aviv’s best restaurants
- Ring in the new decade at the Kotel
- Go to a street party in Tel Aviv and capture some awesome photos with the street art
- Listen to live music at one of Israel’s many music venues
- Forgo the crowds and get out in nature
- Treat yourself for a night in one of Israel’s best luxury hotels
- Join thousands of night owls that will be partying it up in Tel Aviv’s nightlife
- Kick back your feet and take in the awesome views on one of Eilat’s beaches