New Year’s Eve, or as the Israelis call it “Sylvester,” has become extremely popular in Israel in recent years. More Israelis have been jumping on the NYE bandwagon, despite that it’s not an officially recognized holiday in Israel. But, any excuse to party is a good reason and Israelis are always down to celebrate life and have a good time. There are hundreds of New Years Eve parties happening across Israel, as well as a host of other special events. Whether you’re a house music enthusiast, a food connoisseur, or simply looking for a dance floor to break it down on dressed in your best 80’s wear, you are sure to find what you’re looking for.
There is no shortage of NYE parties in Tel Aviv’s numerous nightclubs. If partying isn’t your thing, no fear; you can find special concerts and delectable food in some of Israel’s best restaurants.
Here are some ways you can welcome in the new year, some traditional, and others not so conventional. The year is yours; start it off on a good note and make it the best year yet.
The list below is drastically reduced due to Covid-19 and venue closures for health and safety. We’ve left it in its format from New Year’s Eve 2020 to give you an idea of what you can normally expect. No matter where or how you plan to celebrate, let’s all look forward to a new start in 2021!
How to Celebrate New Years Eve 2021 in Israel
- Have dinner at one of Tel Aviv’s best restaurants
- Ring in the new decade at the Kotel
- Go to a street party in Tel Aviv and capture some awesome photos with the street art
- Listen to live music at one of Israel’s many music venues
- Forgo the crowds and get out in nature
- Treat yourself for a night in one of Israel’s best luxury hotels
- Join thousands of night owls that will be partying it up in Tel Aviv’s nightlife
- Kick back your feet and take in the awesome views on one of Eilat’s beaches