As of January 9, 2022, vaccinated and recovered tourists from all countries are permitted to travel to Israel. Please check COVID-19 Update: Israel Travel Rules & Guidelines for the full updates. The following group travel program is still not relevant until further notice.
Last updated on January 23, 2022
Please note – the information in this article will be superseded in November 2021. Please sign up for updates at the bottom of this page or check here.
Want to travel alone? Or have a group of less than 5 people?
In this case, you can enter Israel as an individual. Please see the main covid travel to Israel article for more information.
Who is allowed to visit under the groups entry program?
- Travelers who do not require a tourist visa, who are traveling from any country not on the red list. As of October 12, 2021, there are no countries on the red list.
- Travelers who are fully vaccinated (completed a full vaccination course) of a USA or EU approved vaccine within 6 months of arriving in Israel; or those who have received a subsequent booster vaccine shot.
- Travelers who arrive and leave together in groups or families, of between 5-30 people. Perfect for groups of friends, families, or other groups! For those who are under 5 people, see here.
- Unvaccinated children are not yet approved to travel to Israel.
What are the requirements for visiting under this program?
Not too much…
- Travelers must book their trip with an approved tourism company (such as Tourist Israel)
- Travelers must be accompanied by a licensed tour guide during their trip
- Travelers must land together on the same flight and depart together on the same flight
- A PCR test is required 72 hours before departure to Israel, and both an additional PCR test and a serological test are required upon arriving in Israel
- A further PCR test is required within 72 hours of leaving at the end of the trip (this service is offered by Tourist Israel)
- Valid travel insurance covering covid must have been taken out
- Valid vaccination certificate
What is the process for visiting under the program?
We will hold your hand throughout the process. There are some forms to fill but nothing too extreme:
- Several documents will be requested when we plan your trip, such as vaccination certificates, passports, etc
- An itinerary must be agreed upon and booked including hotels, flights, and all of the sites to include in the trip
- An official request must be submitted to the Israeli Ministry of Tourism by the tour company who you have booked through. This must be submitted at least 15 days before arriving.
How much does it cost to travel as a private group of 5+?
- Our handling fee for the submitting a request for the arrival of tourist groups under this scheme is $50 per person. This is not refundable in case the group is denied or other regulations change. But we will not submit a request which we do not believe will be approved.
Why should I visit Israel now?
- Sites are not crowded and will hopefully never be so empty of visitors
- The fall months have the best weather of the year for traveling in Israel with comfortable temperatures
- Hotels are cheaper than usual – often up to a saving of $150 per day
- We’ve been waiting for 18 months! Let’s take advantage of this opportunity.
Let’s get moving…