Israel has been closed to individual tourists since early 2020, however, from September 19, 2021, entry will be allowed for families or groups of 5-30 visitors. The is great news and a great program, available for any tourist coming from a non-red country (currently most countries), who are vaccinated, book their trip through an approved company, and carry out covid tests as required. On this page we will explain who can visit Israel through this group program, the requirements, the process, and any other rules involved.
Last updated September 19, 2021
Want to travel alone? Or have a group of less than 5 people?
In this case, you can join a special group tour under this program. The entry requirements are the same as below, however, we build the group out of guests of the same nationality who want to travel to Israel from the same country.
Who is allowed to visit under the groups entry program?
- Travelers who do not require a tourist visa, who are traveling from any country not on the red list. That means that visitors from any country are currently permitted except for Turkey, Mexico, Brazil, and Bulgaria (as of September 8, 2021).
- Travelers who are fully vaccinated (completed a full vaccination course) of a USA or EU approved vaccine within 6 months of arriving in Israel; or those who have received a subsequent booster vaccine shot.
- Travelers who arrive and leave together in groups or families, of between 5-30 people. Perfect for groups of friends, families, or other groups! For those who are under 5 people, see here.
- Unvaccinated children are not yet approved to travel to Israel.
What are the requirements for visiting under this program?
Not too much…
- Travelers must book their trip with an approved tourism company (such as Tourist Israel)
- Travelers must be accompanied by a licensed tour guide during their trip
- Travelers must land together on the same flight and depart together on the same flight
- A PCR test is required 72 hours before departure to Israel, and both an additional PCR test and a serological test are required upon arriving in Israel
- A further PCR test is required within 72 hours of leaving at the end of the trip (this service is offered by Tourist Israel)
- Valid travel insurance covering covid must have been taken out
- Valid vaccination certificate
What is the process for visiting under the program?
We will hold your hand throughout the process. There are some forms to fill but nothing too extreme:
- Several documents will be requested when we plan your trip, such as vaccination certificates, passports, etc
- An itinerary must be agreed upon and booked including hotels, flights, and all of the sites to include in the trip
- An official request must be submitted to the Israeli Ministry of Tourism by the tour company who you have booked through. This must be submitted at least 15 days before arriving.
How much does it cost to travel as a private group of 5+?
- Our handling fee for the submitting a request for the arrival of tourist groups under this scheme is $50 per person. This is not refundable in case the group is denied or other regulations change. But we will not submit a request which we do not believe will be approved.
Why should I visit Israel now?
- Sites are not crowded and will hopefully never be so empty of visitors
- The fall months have the best weather of the year for traveling in Israel with comfortable temperatures
- Hotels are cheaper than usual – often up to a saving of $150 per day
- We’ve been waiting for 18 months! Let’s take advantage of this opportunity.
Let’s get moving…
Plan your trip…
Please fill out the form below and one of our team of travel geniuses will be in touch to build your trip and process your approval.