Christmas in Tel Aviv is a unique experience. It won’t feel like a traditional Christmas with snow, but it is a great place to celebrate the holiday. The magical alleys of Jaffa are adorned with Christmas trees and Hanukkah Menorahs and there are plenty of activities to help celebrate this special time of year.
The Old City of Jaffa will be featuring these events throughout December 2018:
- Winter Opera performances in the Jaffa Flea Market, on Fridays at 11:00.
- Lighting the Tel Aviv-Jaffa Christmas Tree. On December 17 at 18:00, clock tower in Jaffa (time to be confirmed closer to the date)
- Night Light Festival. Dozens of performances, light installations and projections, music, food, tours, parties, and engaged-art will light up two nights recreating the original candelabrum upon which the neighborhood Neve Sha’anan was designed. On December 20-22, Neve Sha’anan neighborhood.
- Tree lighting at the HaTachana on December 14th, at 18:00 (time to be confirmed). A large 15 m tree will be decorated and showcased with unique lighting tricks.
The streets of Jaffa, courtesy of Guy Yechiely
- Lights Market Festival in Givo’n Square. (date to be confirmed)
- Christmas Parade in Jaffa, a celebration of music, costumes, balloons, fireworks and much more. Takes place on the main street of Jaffa. (date to be confirmed)
- Free walking tours of the Old City of Jaffa in English
- Digital self-guided tours: Codes on lamp posts throughout Jaffa will allow tourists to navigate through historical sites on their own with GPS systems, visual aids and audio explanations.
For more information about Christmas events throughout Israel, read our other articles about Christmas in Israel, Christmas in Jerusalem and Christmas in Nazareth.