With so much choice, choosing the best day tours in Israel to take during your trip can be difficult. Sometimes a tour can make an experience infinitely better; at other times, you might wish that you had just explored alone. With that in mind, we set out to bring you a list of the best day tours in Israel. These are tours offer unique angles and opportunities, going beyond the usual tourist experience. Whether you are planning to visit Israel soon, or your visit is a way off, we’ve got you covered.
Masada and Dead Sea Tours
Three of Israel’s gems can be explored in one day with a Masada, Ein Gedi and Dead Sea Tour from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv. Masada is a wonder of human ingenuity – a fortress constructed atop a mountain in the middle of the desert. Magnificent as it stands aside the Dead Sea, the site is recognized by UNESCO and has become a site of national pride. After exploring the historical site of Masada and the desert oasis of Ein Gedi, the afternoon will be spent relaxing at the Dead Sea. Check out all of our Masada and Dead Sea tours to find which itinerary is right for you.
- Masada and Dead Sea Tour from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv. Available seven days a week including guiding, entrance fees, and transport
- Masada Sunrise Tour from Tel Aviv or Jerusalem: Available every day. Includes sunrise hike to the top of Masada, a hike at Ein Gedi nature reserve, and time at the Dead Sea.
- Masada, Ein Gedi, Dead Sea, and More Tour: Available every day from Tel Aviv or Jerusalem. This tour ascends Masada via the cable car, followed by a walk at the Ein Gedi Nature Reserve, and time at the Dead Sea.
- Private tour to Masada, Dead Sea, and Ein Gedi Region. Totally customizable and great for families and small groups. Our Masada Sunrise Yoga, Ein Gedi Oasis, and Dead Sea Wellness Experience Tour offer tranquil experiences.
- For those with a different set of interests, check out our twice-weekly tour to Bethlehem, Dead Sea, Jericho, and the Jordan River.
- Dead Sea Shuttle Bus from Jerusalem and Tel Aviv: available daily – the quickest and easiest way to get to and from the Dead Sea for a day of relaxation.
Jerusalem Day Tours
Jerusalem is such a remarkably complex and history-rich city that no matter how much you learn, there’s always more to take in. With that in mind, it’s no surprise that Jerusalem makes our list of the best day tours in Israel. A tour is a great way to start your explorations of the city and get your bearings before continuing your explorations solo.
- Jerusalem Day Tour – From Jerusalem or Tel Aviv. Available seven days a week with an introduction to Old Jerusalem in the morning and New Jerusalem in the afternoon.
- Jerusalem, Dead Sea, Bethlehem Tour – From Jerusalem or Tel Aviv, available 7 days a week, this tour explores the Old City of Jerusalem, historic Bethlehem and the Dead Sea.
- Highlights of Jerusalem Walking Tour – Available daily from both Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, this three-hour walking tour explores the highlights of the Old City. This tour only ends in Jerusalem.
- Jerusalem Christian Theme Tour – From Jerusalem or Tel Aviv. Available twice a week, introducing the city ‘in the footsteps of Jesus’
- Jerusalem Jewish Theme Tour – From Jerusalem or Tel Aviv. Available twice a week, introducing the city through the City of David and the famous underground tunnels.
- Jerusalem Private Tours allow you to custom-build your day in Jerusalem and enjoy something that totally fits your interests and pace.
Tel Aviv Urban Tours and urban experiences
Tel Aviv, the famous “White City”, also known as the “City that never sleeps” has much to offer tourists. From the culinary scene and the many markets to the unique architecture, there is something for everyone. Tel Aviv is a must-visit city for those who want to enjoy an urban experience. Diverse, dynamic and vibrant, this city has plenty of experiences to offer.
- Tel Aviv Architecture Tour: Available Mondays and Fridays, this tour explores the unique buildings of the “White City” seen in the largest collection of UNESCO protected Bauhaus buildings. This two-hour walking tour is one of the best ways to learn about the history and design of the city.
- Tel Aviv Street Art Tour: Available weekly on Monday and Friday, this walking tour showcases the street art and graffiti of the south Tel Aviv neighborhood of Florentin. With a knowledgeable guide, this is one of the best ways to learn about the city from a new perspective.
- Tel Aviv Food Tour of Carmel Market: Available weekly Monday and Friday, this is one of the best ways to visit the iconic food market. With a guide and delicious samples along the way, this vibrant food market is a must-visit for any traveler.
- Tel Aviv Urban Tour – Architecture, Food and Street Art: A comprehensive collection of street art, architecture, and food in one day. This tour is one of the best day tours in Israel that truly highlights the city through art, design, and cuisine.
Petra Tours from Israel
While it might not obviously fit into our list of the best day tours in Israel, tours across the border to Petra are incredibly easy. Tours to Petra from Israel depart seven days a week and are available from Eilat, Jerusalem, and Tel Aviv. All of those tours already include the entrance fees to Jordan. There are one- and two-day options with the chance to visit other pearls of Jordan such as Wadi Rum, Aqaba, Madaba, Mount Nebo, and Amman, as well as custom tours available.
- One day Petra Tour from Eilat – Available daily.
- One day Petra Tour from Tel Aviv – Available every day, Sunday to Thursday. Flights from Tel Aviv to Eilat begin your adventure.
- Two-day tours to Petra – From Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, and Eilat to Petra, Wadi Rum, and more.
- Three day tours, four day tours and private tours are also available.
Northern Israel Tours
In the northern region of Israel, travelers can visit Caesarea, King Herod’s masterpiece on the Mediterranean, one of the most picture-perfect sites in the whole of Israel as well as Haifa, Israel’s third-largest city, Akko is one of the oldest ports in the world, and the amazing grottos at Rosh Hanikra and beautiful scenery that surrounds them. Other areas in the north worth exploring include the Galilee region, Safed, Tiberias and the Golan Heights.
- Caesarea, Wine Country, and Kibbutz Experience Tour – From Tel Aviv or Jerusalem. Available twice a week.
- Caesarea, Haifa, Akko, Rosh Hanikra Tour – From Tel Aviv or Jerusalem. Available four times a week.
- Galilee Tour – Available four times a week from Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Netanya, or Herzliya.
- Golan Heights Day Tour – Available every Sunday and Wednesday.
- Safed, Tiberias and Mount Meron Day Tour – This tour can be arranged privately any day of the week.
- If you would prefer a private tour, the itinerary can be adapted to your interests.
If you are interested in a day tour in Israel that is not included in this list or on our tour offerings, we are able to arrange private, customized tour experiences that are tailor-made to create a unique and curated experience. Please contact us directly to inquire about options.