The summer in Israel is a great time to be visiting – the weather’s great, the kids are out of school, and thousands of tourists join Israelis in traveling about and enjoying the country. The result is that the summer in Israel is a time when there is loads going on – whether it be concerts or events, tours or activities, or family or other activities. We made this list to give you some of the best options for things to do in Israel this summer!
Best Around Israel for the Summer in Israel
- Masada Tour – either in a group or privately you can head to Masada, and see the Dead Sea from atop the fortress, before continuing to the Ein Gedi Nature Reserve, and relaxing at the Dead Sea.
- Head into Jordan and visit Petra from Israel, and experience one of the 7 Wonders of the World up close.
- A jeep tour in Israel – the desert offers the ultimate terrain for you to head off road with an experienced jeep guide-driver and explore the magical wonders that lie within. Tours take place across the country – in the Judean Desert, Negev Desert, and Golan.
- Jerusalem City Tour – with so much to see, you can really never see it all in Jerusalem. A guided tour undoubtedly makes the experience even greater though!
- Head north and explore the Galilee with a one day Galilee tour featuring the highlights of this magical landscape.
- Enjoy the diverse activities of the Negev with our suggested one day Negev tour itinerary.
- Go kayaking on the River Jordan and cool off from the summer heat
- Explore the Black Canyon, one of Israel’s most wonderful natural gems, and cool off with a canyoning water hike.
- A jeep tour – the desert or mountainous hills of the north both offer the ultimate terrain for you to head off road with an experienced jeep guide-driver and explore the magical wonders that lie within. Tours take place across the country – in the Judean Desert, Negev Desert, and Golan.
- Sandboard on the dunes in the Negev
- Explore off-road with ATV’s in the Negev or Golan, and enjoy the driving experience whilst exploring new landscapes..
- Enjoy Israel from horseback and enjoy the landscape of the Galilee with the Galilee horseback tour which runs regularly.
- Hike or bike! There are thousands of kilometers of great marked trails, and great support services.
- See Israel from above with a hot air balloon ride above the Galilee – you’ll never forget it!
Tasty and thirst-quenching!