The summer is a great time to be in Israel – the weather’s great, the kids are out of school, and thousands of tourists join Israelis in traveling about and enjoying the country. The result is that the summer in Israel is a time when there is loads going on – whether it be concerts or events, tours or activities, or family or other activities. We made this list to give you some of the best options for things to do in Israel this summer!
Ron Arad’s exhibition 720 degrees which will be featured at the Jerusalem Season of Culture
Here are some of the best events happening this summer in Israel (see our calendar and listings for all events in Israel.)
For Families and Kids
Best Tours for the Summer in Israel (including some unusual ones!)
Sunrise at Masada – not to be missed
Masada at Sunrise Tour – either in a group or privately you can head to Masada, hike and watch the sunrise over the Dead Sea from atop the fortress, before continuing to the Ein Gedi Nature Reserve, and relaxing at the Dead Sea. If sunrise isn’t your thing, you can always go later!
- Tour a Kibbutz – and follow it with hummus in Abu Gosh, Israel’s hummus capital. It’s a new tour leaving from Jerusalem every week, and offers a fascinating insight into Israeli culture
- A jeep tour in Israel – the desert offers the ultimate terrain for you to head off road with an experienced jeep guide-driver and explore the magical wonders that lie within. Tours take place across the country – in the Judean Desert, Negev Desert, and Galilee.
- Tel Aviv Architecture and history tour – take a stroll around Tel Aviv with an expert and learn the history behind this city
- Jerusalem City Tour – with so much to see, you can really never see it all in Jerusalem. A guided tour undoubtedly makes the experience even greater though!
- Head north and explore the Galilee with a one day Galilee tour.
Surf on the Mediterranean’s sandy beaches
A jeep tour in Israel – the desert offers the ultimate terrain for you to head off road with an experienced jeep guide-driver and explore the magical wonders that lie within. Tours take place across the country – in the Judean Desert, Negev Desert, and Galilee.
- Dead Sea Caving Adventure – some of the longest caves in the world are found near the Dead Sea. Now you can join a group tour (or take a private tour) and explore these for yourself! Even in the summer in Israel – the caves are cool and inviting.
- Surf, windsurf, or kitesurf in the bright blue waters of the Mediterranean!
Tasty and thirst-quenching!
For the trendy
- Don’t forget the beach – summer in Israel is nothing without it! Choose wisely using our guide to the best beaches in Israel and best beaches in Tel Aviv
- Go out with a fashion expert on a Tel Aviv Fashion and Style Tour. Meet the people behind the city’s booming design industry, and learn a little more about what makes this city tick.
The Alexander River at its estuary at Beit Yannai Beach. Image credit: Tourist Israel
- We have tens of different activities and tours listed in our Israel tours section – there’s something there for you
- We have hundreds of hand-picked hotels, guesthouses, hostels, and zimmers listed in our Israel hotel section
- We are here, if you have any questions – just send us a message and we’ll help make your summer in Israel whatever you want it to be!