Purim in Tel Aviv is a major time for celebration. This article is dedicated to events for Purim in Tel Aviv, see the general article for information on Purim in Israel. In 2014, as always there are an amazing array of events taking place in Tel Aviv to mark the festival, in this article we will provide you with basic information about what is going on when, from the famous Florentin Tel Aviv Street Party, to street carnivals, to parties and alternative events. If you missed Purim, you didnt miss the party – check out upcoming Tel Aviv parties. Also check out Purim in Jerusalem.
Tel Aviv Purim Street Party
Rescheduled to March 21 due to rain, the Tel Aviv Purim Street Party will be in Kikar Hamedina. The event will feature, as it has done in previous years, performances from some top musicians, and a great party atmosphere. Event will not take place in rain.
Friday March 21, 12:00-evening.
Tel Aviv Purim Zombie Walk
Another annual event, the Tel Aviv Purim Zombie walk features, well, zombies, walking through the streets of Tel Aviv. In 2014, the Zombie Walk returns, taking place on Saturday March 15 from 21:00, gathering at the corner of Ben-Zion Boulevard and King George (Near the Dizengoff Center).
Saturday March 15, from 21:00.
NB – the time of this event was originally on Friday afternoon and has now moved to Saturday evening (so if you are re-reading this article, you are seeing something different)
Purim Parties in Tel Aviv
- Tel Aviv Purim Rave – One of Tel Aviv’s biggest annual Purim parties returns for 2014 with a line-up including some of Israel’s top DJ’s: Yaniv Ohana, Roy Leibovitz, Jenia Tarsol, and Tomer Maizner.
March 13, 100 NIS per person. Tickets available here
- Afrojack and Nervo in Tel Aviv – Leading DJ Afrojack, and Australian duo, Nervo, are heading to Tel Aviv for two super Purim parties, on Thursday March 13, and Friday March 14
March 13 and 14. Tickets 240 NIS per person. Tickets here.
- Rami Fortis Purim Party – Israeli rock legend, Rami Fortis is hosting two parties for Purim at Tel Aviv’s Barbi Club. Thursday 13 will be themed superheroes, and on Friday 14, the theme is villains.
More details and tickets here.
- Hip Hop Pop Up Purim Party – 80’s themed Purim party in Florentin, South Tel Aviv
March 14 from 22:30. Abarbanel 5, Tel Aviv. 40 NIS entrance. Details here
Family Purim Events in Tel Aviv
- Model Acrobatic Aeroplane Display.
March 15 at 11:00 and 12:30. Eretz Israel Museum. Children under 18 free. Show lasts 20 minutes
- Aircraft Simulator – Observe and fly alone in a flight simulator with professional guides
March 15-17 from 10:00-16:00. Eretz Israel Museum. Included in Museum Entrance Fee
- Yaron Festival – Great for kids and puppet-lovers, 15 amazing puppet shows will be performed on the plaza of Tel Aviv’s Suzanne Dellal Center, as well as other fun activities for families.
March 14-16, from 10:00. Shows 40-90 NIS.